The Greater Oklahoma City Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is a community based organization located in the heart of Oklahoma City with a membership of over 400. The Chamber is a nonprofit 501(c) 6 organization whose primary purpose is to serve local community needs, focusing on those that impact businesses.
The Greater Oklahoma City Hispanic Chamber of Commerce was founded by a group of Hispanic entrepreneurs on June 12, 2000. The purpose of this organization is to promote the advancement of the commercial and economic interests of Hispanic-owned businesses, Hispanic-managed businesses, and the Hispanic-oriented businesses, trades and professionals in central Oklahoma.
In our fourteen years of existence, the Greater Oklahoma City Hispanic Chamber of Commerce has focused on business development issues. In a new initiative the board has expanded that focus to include a range of community development issues including:
- Business Development
- Physical Infrastructure
- Cultural and Environmental Stewardship
- Workforce Development
- Civic Infrastructure
- Business assistance through our Business Assistance Center
- The Greater Oklahoma City Hispanic Chamber of Commerce frequently provides services to the Hispanic community in the form of business training workshops as well as one on one counseling through our Business Assistance Center.
- Viva! Expo, the Chamber's annual business and consumer expo where over 200 Hispanic and non-Hispanic businesses promote and display products and services. Over 17,000 people attended last year.
- Monthly network “Business after Hours “for members to network and promote their business and projects. The monthly network is held every fourth Thursday of the month.
- Christmas Gala/ Silent auction award ceremony in December.
- Viva Sabor wine tasting and Latino food tasting event is done twice a year. Some of the finest restaurants offering samples of the best Latino foods in Oklahoma. Featuring entertainment and Latino Art
- Ribbon cuttings for new businesses
- The 'Breakfast Speaker Series' are held throughout the year at different locations for members to meet and greet keynote speakers.
- 'Who's Hiring Now' Bilingual career fairs are held throughout the year
- Food Certification classes are held 5 times a year in spanish
- Latino Leadership Class (LLOKC) sessions run once a year starting in December