This high-level position will oversee all of our Early Childhood services as we continue to grow and thrive. Sunbeam serves Oklahomans with the highest-quality of early care and education, and you could be the next addition to our team!
The Senior Program Director-ECS works in partnership with the Chief Program Officer to provide leadership in planning, development, and implementing of early childhood services. Responsible for compliance with regulations and policy and ensure delivery of high quality services and supports.
Must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace.
Must maintain professional integrity, exemplifying the values and mission of the organization, with the goal of providing staff an excellent employment experience in a coaching environment that supports growth, individual integrity, life-long learning and career satisfaction.
All employees and volunteers are expected to be sensitive to our clients cultural and socioeconomic characteristics, reflect Sunbeam Family Services core values and to perform at Sunbeams standards of excellence at all times.
- Demonstrate capacity for providing developmentally appropriate and evidence-based practice, exemplifying organizational values, and for promoting Sunbeams mission.
- Promote, encourage, and exhibit leadership in accordance with agency mission.
- Provide effective supervision, direction, and management assigned staff to include a work environment experience in a coaching environment that supports growth, individual integrity, life-long learning, and career satisfaction.
- Provide oversight to programs to ensure services compliance to funding sources, payors, managed care organizations, networks and other organizations, and continually evaluate service delivery and outcomes to ensure they are delivered in an effective and culturally competent manner.
- Monitor financial and programmatic reports to ensure proper adherence and accountability
- Maintain accreditation standards where required.
- Maintain strong partnerships with DHS, OHS, OECP, NAEYC, Educare Learning Network and others.
- Develop, plan and implement strategies to manage program growth and ensure sustainability of programs
- Assist with grant applications and new initiatives
- Represent Sunbeam in community collaborations, events, and as directed by supervisor or Chief Executive Officer.
- Work with Leadership Team to ensure successful communication and coordination
- Perform duties expected of all Sunbeam supervisory staff.
- Perform other appropriate responsibilities as assigned by supervisor or Chief Executive Officer.
- Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education or related field of service.
- Master's Degree preferred
- Three (3) experience as a leader working directly with at-risk families.
- Five (5) years experience directing and overseeing grants from Office of Head Start to include EHS and HS.
- Five (5) years directing and overseeing early care and education facilities licensed under the Oklahoma Office of Child Care.
- Previous direct classroom experience with birth to 3
- Advanced experience in contract management
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:Â
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, community partners, organizations, and the public.
- Action-oriented and collaborative in decision-making.Â
- Excellent organizational skills and problem-solving orientation.
- Process, protect, and exercise discretion in handling confidential information and materials.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Teams
- Ability to handle a variety of work assignments.
- Previous knowledge and understanding of Child Plus
- Bilingual Spanish/English speaking
Â Additional Job Requirements:
- Clear background and drug screen
- TB screen required
- Physical required
- Office Hours follow business hours and may vary with supervisor approval; may include occasional evening and weekends.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently communicate with staff and others, and must be able to exchange accurate information when doing so. The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, attend meetings, etc. Must be able to operate and use a computer. Must be able to detect, discern, distinguish, observe, inspect and compare. Must have excellent command of English language and grammar, both verbal and written. Occasionally must be able to move needed materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
The employee will work in an office environment, may work in close quarters with other staff. Occasional local, state and national travel will be required.Â
The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.Â The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described herein are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Â These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel or candidate and may be subject to change at any time.Â Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - Sunbeam Family Services is fair and equal in all its employment practices for persons without regard to race, color, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, disability or degree thereof, national origin, domestic/marital status, political affiliation or opinion, veteran status, HIV status, AIDS status, genetic information, and any legally protected characteristic.