Are you a college student with bi-lingual skills and a dream to work in social media, communications or public relations? Join our team at The Oklahoma City Thunder as the Intern, Social Media and earn college credit while you gain firsthand experience in a professional work environment.
Since 2009, the Thunder has built a significant social media following of more than 14 million worldwide. We are consistently in the upper echelon in the NBA in followers and engagement and our diverse fan base is both loyal and passionate. We are looking for a student intern to help the Thunder grow into our next phase of creativity, engagement and connection. As the intern, you will assist with telling the story of our brand and learn to work within multiple disciplines to assist with content creation and digital engagement initiatives.
Our internship program offers experience in a professional workplace and includes supplemental program activities such as learning lunches and resume review to help enrich your learning experience. This 8-week internship begins June 10, 2019.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Monitor current activity across all social platforms with a focus on global audiences and platforms
· Collaborate with members of public relations, marketing and social media to review and fulfill social media requests from various internal departments including but not limited to Human Resources, Marketing, Sales, Community Relations and Business Development
· Build a strong familiarity with and understanding of Thunder culture and assist with social media strategy for entertainment groups such as the Thunder Girls, Rumble, Thunder Drummers, etc.
· Help identify new opportunities to use the Thunder brand to create effective, measurable outreach programs when it comes to social media
· Perform various administrative support tasks
· Attend company-scheduled intern program events including lunch-and-learn meetings, as scheduled
· Maintain good attendance and punctuality
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Presently enrolled in an accredited college or university with junior or senior level standing and approved by your school to receive course credit for the internship
· Student pursuing a degree in marketing, international business or communications is ideal
· Bi-lingual students are highly preferred, especially with fluency in Mandarin/Cantonese
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel
· You have superior attention to detail and you don't get rattled under pressure of deadlines
· You are a self-starter who also enjoys team environment collaboration
· You have a positive attitude and present yourself with professionalism
· Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication as well as strong listening skills
· Working environment will include both office and outside events that may include loud noise or music, flashing lights and inclement weather
· Dependability is a requirement, with the ability to commit to the internship for a full semester
· Work schedule will require 20 to 29 hours per week and may include evening or weekend hours
· A valid driver’s license and sound driving record are required as some local travel is required
This is a part-time, non-exempt position, reporting to the Director, Social Media.
We invite you to apply online at: www.okcthunder.com/employment
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees