Are you looking for hands-on experience to help launch your career in marketing? The Oklahoma City Thunder is seeking a motivated college student to spend a summer working in the dynamic world of sports marketing. As a member of the team you will assist in the research and development of programs, promotions, brand management, advertising and the organization of marketing assets.
Our marketing internship is an ideal training environment for students passionate about the advertising and sports marketing industries. Our internship program offers experience in a professional workplace and includes supplemental program activities such as learning lunches and resume review to help enrich your learning experience. This 8-week internship begins June 10, 2019.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conduct research to improve brand engagement and fan experience
· Contribute as we develop and execute promotions and programs for the 2019-20 season including surprise and delight events, fan club events, game day Rewards Zone program, All Star Voting, etc.
· Organize marketing storage rooms and manage storage drive
· Support grassroots efforts by building marketing plans and distributing promotional items throughout the market
· Support overall brand strategies including media and creative
· Provide recaps of marketing initiatives
· Assist with the response of fan communique´ and feedback
· Perform various administrative support tasks including shipping, delivering, filing and archiving
· Attend marketing department meetings and participate in brainstorming sessions
· Attend company-organized intern learning activities or luncheons as scheduled
· Maintain good attendance and punctuality
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Presently enrolled in an accredited college or university with junior or senior level standing and approved by your school to receive course credit for the internship
· Students pursuing a degree in Marketing/Business preferred
· Attention to detail and desire to follow a project through to completion
· Strong social talents with excellent communication and listening skills and a positive attitude towards others
· Self-starter who is also comfortable with team environment collaboration
· Organized, with proven time management skills and the ability to prioritize to meet project deadlines
· Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and Power Point
· Valid driver’s license, insurance and reliable transportation required
· Work schedule includes approximately 20 hours a week with both office hours and some evening or weekend events
· Physical requirements of the job may include bending and lifting approximately 25 pounds
· Primary work location will be the Thunder corporate office located at the Chesapeake Energy Arena in downtown Oklahoma City
This is a part-time, non-exempt position, reporting to the Marketing Programs & Promotions Coordinator.
We invite you to apply online at: www.okcthunder.com/employment
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees.