Are you looking for a human resources career opportunity in a fun and interesting office environment? The Thunder is seeking an organized and upbeat teammate to join our human resources department. As the benefits helpdesk assistant, you will be the main contact for employees needing assistance with a wide range of benefits and perks. Your outgoing personality and desire to help others will make you an ambassador of HR and reflect our dedication to making the Thunder a great place to work. A background in accounts payable, benefits or payroll is helpful.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Respond to employees throughout the day, answering questions on 401k, employee ticket programs, medical, parking and other plans by phone, email and in person
· Keep employee new hire packets and benefits resources portal up-to-date
· Work accurately within the framework of the HRIS to enter employee changes, record dependents and communicate well with payroll to ensure accurate benefits-related deductions
· Email or otherwise deliver login instructions, benefits details, enrollment and change forms
· Actively address benefits options for employees with qualifying events
· Study the benefits plans thoroughly and maintain a deep understanding of plans and options to accurately address employee questions
· Reconcile monthly benefits and parking invoices for accuracy and submit to accounts payable
· Deliver annual legal compliance notices and SPDs by mail or email
· Create and send COBRA invoices and notices
· Occasionally deliver or pick up framing projects, autographed items, employee recognition items, parking passes or print jobs requiring some local travel
· Assist with staff event preparation as needed including help with setup, teardown and pre- or post-event errands and clerical or registration projects
· Coordinate wedding and baby reminders and distribute gifts
· Maintain strict confidentiality of employee information and files
· Maintain good attendance and punctuality
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work or military experience plus a minimum of one year working in administrative support with a payroll, accounts payable or benefits focus preferred
· Experience with ADP Workforce Now or other HRIS is beneficial
· SHRM or other HR certification is a plus but not required
· Stellar communication and listening skills, professional phone demeanor, and the ability to speak comfortably with people across demographics or hierarchies
· Detailed and highly organized and experience working with highly confidential materials
· Understanding of the HR legal environment including ACA, FMLA, COBRA, etc.
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
· Valid driver’s license and clean driving record are required
Posted February 2018, this is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Director, Human Resources.
You will enjoy a generous benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision coverage, life and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with matching funds, employee ticket options, subsidized gym membership, on-site yoga, tuition reimbursement, paid downtown parking and more.
We invite you to apply online at www.okcthunder.com/employment
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees.