Bring your professionalism and creativity to our team, working in the dynamic environment of professional sports sponsorship! As a Partnership Activation Account Manager, you will collaborate on projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our sponsors and uphold the integrity of our brand. You will provide support in the creation, development and execution of various sponsored initiatives, community relations programs and marketing events, working closely with colleagues across the organization to meet objectives.
The Oklahoma City Thunder partnership team has a high success rate building positive relationships with a wide variety of successful companies. This level of excellence is due in great part to the commitment and creativity of our outstanding team of account managers who make valuable contributions to sponsor initiatives through the power of the Thunder brand.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the business goals and objectives of each of your portfolio accounts and strategically provide ideas and recommendations to grow their business
- Generate ideas for new sponsorship opportunities including but not limited to in-game elements, retail promotions, events, website and media features, signage and community relations initiatives
- Present information to sponsors and internal representatives and respond to questions from managers, clients and members of the public
- Act as a marketing and advertising consultant to sponsor contacts to ensure effective campaigns are crafted and executed using Thunder inventory
- Liaise with internal departments such as Broadcasting, Interactive Media and Marketing to drive effective and timely promotional content
- Use an established budget to ensure that promotional activations are designed within the sponsor's fiscal parameters
- Successfully collaborate with other Thunder departments to organize and execute special hospitality events at Chesapeake Energy Arena and other locations while adhering to budget guidelines
- Play a meaningful role in maintaining collateral, articles, photographs, newspaper clippings, press releases, statistics, etc. for use in preparing and presenting sponsor recaps to key decision makers during the contract renewal process
- Effectively comprehend, organize, and present syndicated research internally and externally for the benefit of partnership development
- Work on daily partnership proposals, implementation, and maintenance
- Execute and monitor sponsor promotions and activities in-arena or at events
- Manage and track all account history, relationship details and partnership activation details in CRM on a consistent basis
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with emphasis in marketing or advertising, or equivalent work or military experience
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in sponsorship preferred
- Experience in or general knowledge of sales tactics and client relations
- Excellent communication including written and verbal as well as strong listening
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with strong attention to detail and listening skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint and some experience with Photoshop is preferred
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English highly beneficial
- Proactive and highly dependable with the ability to work independently or collaborate to meet department deadlines
- Physical requirements of the job may include working long shifts, lifting and carrying boxes, and working games or events that include loud crowd or background noise and flashing lights
- Work schedule will include office hours plus evenings, weekends and holidays
This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Manager, Partnership Activation.
We offer a robust benefits package including excellent medical/dental/vision coverage, employee ticket options, 401k with matching funds, gym membership subsidy, on-site yoga and much more!
We invite you to apply online at: www.okcthunder.com/employment
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees.