The Corporate Communications department lends voice to the Thunder business and brand across a variety of media. Through email and news media channels, our department seeks to enhance the organization’s impact, increase fan engagement and strengthen our ties to the community. Internally and externally, we aim to craft messages that clearly, consistently and creatively tell the story of our team, our organization, our fans and our community.
As coordinator, you will assist the department in executing internal communication strategies within the organization. Your expert editing combined with your ability to connect with people at all levels of the organization will help you be successful as a liaison to other departments. You will ensure that all communications represent the voice of the Thunder brand with consistency and professionalism.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Write and disseminate media alerts and news releases to promote initiatives such as community programs, ticketing information and other internal organizational messages
· Proofread and edit materials in support of messaging needs for other corporate departments
· Track impact of corporate and partner messaging in news media and other channels, including aggregating reporting data and tracking posts highlighting business partnerships
· Monitor and aggregate local and national news mentions
· Update and maintain department and organizational resources, including department media lists, subscriptions, and award submissions
· Create weekly newsletter to promote Thunder news to over 350,000 subscribers
· Create and maintain pregame email calendar
· Monitor public relations requests via email
· Maintain good punctuality and attendance
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in communications, journalism, public relations, or equivalent work or military experience
· 1-2 years of experience in public relations, communications or media relations
· Excellent writing skills and strong knowledge of AP style
· Professional experience in editing/proofreading
· Working knowledge of basketball and the NBA
· Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop and Outlook
· Highly organized with strong attention to detail and a high degree of professionalism and efficiency
· Spanish fluency a plus
· Primary work location will be Chesapeake Energy Arena, located in downtown Oklahoma City
· Driver’s license and insurance required along with reliable transportation, with some local travel required
· Willing to work a schedule that includes office hours plus evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications.
As a full-time employee, you will enjoy a generous benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with matching funds, employee ticket options, subsidized gym membership, on-site yoga, paid downtown parking and more.
Job posted: April 2019. We invite you to apply online at www.okcthunder.com/employment.
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees.