JOB TITLE: Homeless Services Floater (Part-Time)
FLSA DUTIES STATUS: Non-Exempt SALARY GRADE: 3
REPORTS TO: Director of Sanctuary Women’s Development Center and Director of Holy Family Home
JOB OBJECTIVE: This position will provide supervision, safety, and care for homeless residents and clients, including managing and monitoring day to day needs under the direction of the facility Director.
This position requires someone with a flexible schedule.
This position will receive a weekly schedule and is responsible for providing support coverage to 3 Catholic Charities homeless services locations: Oklahoma City, Midwest City, and Norman. This position supports nights, weekends, and weekday shifts. On call as needed.
The essential job duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative and clerical support
- Answer phones and provide callers with agency and program information
- Maintain cleanliness of area and facility
- Comply with agency and site-specific policies and procedure
- Provide some transportation as needed
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- High school diploma or GED; a degree in social work or a related field is preferred.
- Experience working with homeless or other at-risk populations
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication, listening, and presentation skills.
- Strong flexible interpersonal skills required to interact effectively with
- employees and managers at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills required to ensure that multiple tasks receive adequate and timely attention.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
- Able to function autonomously and be proactive.
- PC literate and proficient.
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Bi-lingual preferred, but not required.
- Sitting for long periods of time, walking, finger dexterity, repetitive motions, talking, hearing, and visual acuity.
- Occasional lifting (up to 10 pounds of computer equipment or paper supplies).
May be required to travel by car or plane to business events or other
company locations. Travel may require prolonged sitting or standing.
- Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for
otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
- Normal office environment, within center providing direct services to homeless.
- May be subjected to fast-paced decision making, crisis situations.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign job duties as required. This job description is not to be construed as a guaranteed contract of employment for a definite period of time.