Are you looking for hands-on experience in the ever-changing field of marketing? We are seeking college students who are ready to dive into the fast-paced sports industry as an intern! As a member of the marketing department, you will assist in the research and development of programs, promotions, brand management, advertising and the organization of marketing assets.
Our marketing internship is an ideal training environment for students passionate about marketing and bringing brands to life. Our internship program offers experience in a professional workplace and includes supplemental program activities such as learning lunches and resume review to help enrich your learning experience. This internship begins June 8, 2020 and ends July 31, 2020.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct research to enhance brand engagement and fan experience
- Contribute to the development and planning of promotions and programs for the 2020-21 season including surprise and delight events, fan club events, Ambassador activations, game day Thunder Alley programs, All Star Voting, etc.
- Help organize marketing storage rooms and manage storage drive
- Support grassroots efforts by creating marketing plans and distributing promotional items throughout the market
- Support overall brand strategies including media and creative
- Provide recaps of marketing initiatives
- Assist with the response of fan communique´ and feedback
- Perform various administrative support tasks including shipping, delivering, filing and archiving
- Attend marketing department meetings and participate in brainstorming sessions
- Attend company-organized intern learning activities or luncheons as scheduled
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Presently enrolled in an accredited college or university with junior or senior level standing and approved by your school to receive course credit for the internship
- Students pursuing a degree in Marketing/Business preferred
- Attention to detail and desire to follow a project through to completion
- Strong social skills with excellent oral and written communication
- Self-starter who is also comfortable with team environment collaboration
- Positive attitude toward others, upholding an environment of respect and inclusion
- Ability to prioritize projects efficiently and work independently to complete tasks
- Proven organization and time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and Power Point
- Valid driver’s license, insurance and reliable transportation required
- Work schedule includes approximately 20 hours a week with both office hours and some evening or weekend events
- Physical requirements of the job may include bending and lifting approximately 25 pounds
- Primary work location will be the Thunder corporate office located at the Chesapeake Energy Arena in downtown Oklahoma City
This paid internship is a part-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Advertising Coordinator.
We invite you to apply online at: www.okcthunder.com/employment
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees.