JOB TITLE: Bilingual Counselor – Part Time
REPORTS TO: Director of St. Joseph’s Counseling Center
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Counselor is responsible for providing counseling and psychotherapy to children, adults, couples and families in the context of Roman Catholic tradition and teachings.
The essential job duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide individual and family diagnostic evaluations and assessments to aid in treatment planning.
- Exercise familiarity with the DSM-5 and be able to appropriately utilize the manual.
- Provide counseling and psychotherapy to children, adults, couples and families in the context of Roman Catholic tradition and teachings.
- Provide services within his or her areas of expertise and training and will consult or refer clients out when dealing with cases outside his or her areas of expertise.
- Maintain adequate case notes, treatment plans, and all other appropriate paper work on a timely basis.
- Conduct groups and present workshops or presentations as needed.
- Provide consultation to other church related agencies or the clergy on matters of mental health on an as needed basis.
- Use as a guideline the ethical standards of their professional licensing organization.
- Maintain current professional licensure in the State of Oklahoma.
- While working collaboratively with other personnel and service providers, the counselor is responsible for establishing a respectful relationship with persons served while helping the client gain skills and confidence that will empower them to solve their own problems. The counselor will also reinforce the value of the nurturing family and will demonstrate a conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change. The counselor will also display appropriate interventions to meet service goals and ability to set appropriate service limits.
- Perform other duties as required by the director.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Educational Requirements/Credentials - Requirements for the position are a Master’s Degree in clinical or counseling psychology, counseling, social work or an equivalent degree from an accredited college or university.
- Skills – Training in individual, family and/or group counseling methods. It is preferred that applicants for this position have at least two years’ experience and be trained in psycho educational and personality assessment techniques.
- Applicants must be licensed in the appropriate specialty in the State of Oklahoma.
- Knowledge of Catholic tradition and teaching is required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is Required
- Strong verbal and written communication, listening, and presentation skills.
- Strong flexible interpersonal skills required to interact effectively with employees and managers at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills required to ensure that multiple tasks receive adequate and timely attention.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
- Able to function autonomously and be proactive.
- PC literate and proficient.
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSThis is sedentary work that requires the following physical activities:
- Sitting for long periods of time, walking, finger dexterity, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing, and visual acuity.
- Occasional lifting (up to 10 pounds of computer equipment or paper supplies).
- May be required to travel by car or plane to business events or other company locations. Travel may require prolonged sitting or standing.
- Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
- Normal office environment.
- May be subjected to fast-paced decision making, crisis situations.