Admissions CounselorPosition Summary:
Oklahoma City University
Oklahoma City University
The Admissions Counselor is responsible for supporting the office of Undergraduate Admissions in identifying, attracting, and enrolling diverse and well-qualified students. The Admissions Counselor acts as the university’s representative for all aspects of the admissions operation both on and off campus in his/her work.
The Admissions Counselor reports to the Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions and is a member of the Undergraduate Admissions team within the department of Enrollment Management.
Bachelor’s degree is required. Demonstrated successful work experience in recruitment, marketing, and/or sales. The ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
A suitable combination of education and experience may be substituted for minimum requirements.
Demonstrate an attitude and behavior that reflects the values and mission of the department and University.
Represent the university in all aspects of the recruitment process to identify and attract quality students.
- Represent the university to all individuals and organizations involved in the college selection process including prospective students and families, secondary school counselors, and other constituents through outreach, promotion, one-on-one meetings, campus visits, etc.
- Provide prospective applicants and families with expert counsel on the admissions process including academic program information and admission requirements as well as financial aid program and scholarship opportunity information.
- Serve as the touchpoint for assigned prospective students and applicants. Employ personalized outreach, receive and resolve issues and complaints, and develop and maintain relationships with prospective and admitted students/families.
- Create and implement an individual marketing plan to include knowledge of high school history, area alumni, ministers and friends of OCU, competitors and factors of influence that assist the university in successfully achieving its educational mission.
- Develop and implement various student recruitment programs designed to recruit targeted prospective students through collaboration with both internal departments and external organizations.
- When required, represent Oklahoma City University's interest with representatives from Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education.
- Evaluate credentials submitted by applicants, including review of admission essay and evaluating test scores and recommendations to determine whether or not a student exhibits potential for success at Oklahoma City University and will add to the quality of the academic environment.
- Make admission or denial decisions based on a student's academic credentials and other relevant factors. Such decisions will be made in light of furthering the academic standards and quality of the university, and predicting the future success of the student.
- Maintain professional office hours during the day, and when appropriate, evenings and weekends to maximize personal communication with students, parents, and counselors.
- Provide support for Admissions events, projects, initiatives, etc as assigned.
- Participate in long range planning by serving as a part of university strategic planning bodies.
- Participate in short range departmental planning by offering recommendations for departmental functions and goals.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the trends, regulations, and other factors that affect admissions and recruitment activities.
- Anticipate and investigate competitive products and services and make recommendations for distinguishing Oklahoma City University from the competitive marketplace.
- Participate in development of university publications, student handbooks, etc. outlining academic services and university policies.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Clear, correct, and effective communication using the English language.
- Must possess a high level of knowledge and understanding of admissions and university policies.
- Ability to cooperate, work well, and get along with supervisors, coworkers, members of the university community, and the general public.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluation situations and making decisions.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office machinery.
- Constantly visually identifies, observes, and assesses.
- Frequently communicates with university constituents.
- Frequently remains in a stationary position (standing and/or sitting). Occasionally moves to accomplish tasks and/or to get from one worksite to another.
- Occasionally moves common office materials.
- Work is primarily indoors, but at times may be required to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or off campus.
- Will be exposed to frequent noise caused by telephones and office machines.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday; some overtime may be required.
- Off-campus, state and regional travel may be required.
Please apply at: https://jobs.silkroad.com/OKCU/StaffCareers/jobs/1037