If you want to make a positive impact in the lives of Oklahomans, join us at the Center for Public Management (CPM) because that is what we do daily. CPM is a department within the College of Continuing Education at the University of Oklahoma. We provide public sector agencies, staff, service providers, clients and community partners training, research and consultant support for professional and programmatic development. We deliver cost-effective, customer-oriented solutions that are tailored to meet unique needs and situations.
This is an inbound contact center job where you will have your own private cubicle work space. Daytime only hours between 8:00am - 5:00pm. You will be off nights, weekends, and government holidays, eligible for benefits, and be able to schedule time off. This job has easy travel as it will not be during rush hour traffic times. Travel time from Moore or Edmond is approximately 20 minutes. We hope you will take advantage of this unique job and join us in making a difference in the lives of Oklahomans in your community.
Customer Service Representatives serve as the main source of customer interface for publicly-funded clients of the Outreach Center for Public Management; identifies customer needs, answers questions, and provides information; maintains accurate call tracking information through tracking database; maintains level of knowledge and skills to complete call center transactions; must be able to maintain effective professional and team relationships that meet departmental core values; performs other related duties as assigned. On-the-job training is provided with opportunities for advancement and performance incentives.
JOB IS LOCATED IN OKLAHOMA CITY.
Required Education: GED/High School Grad OR an equivalent combination of education/job related experience, AND:
- 6 months experience in front-line customer service and call handling
- Ability to speak, read and write clear, concise English
- Ability to accurately read and understand written materials and instructions
- Basic computer skills
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Customer service
- Ability to multi-task and deal with stressful situations
Pay Rate: $13.50/hour
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- The employee will be frequently called upon to engage in repetitive motions including movement of the fingers, hands and wrists; finger dexterity is required. The employee will be required to speak, hear and see as needed to exchange information with others, receive detailed information orally and view databases and computer screens.
- Proficiency in use of databases needed to track calls
- Experience in a call center environment
Supervision: No Supervisory Duties
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing