If you want to make a positive impact in the lives of Oklahomans, join us at the Center for Public Management (CPM). CPM is a department within the College of Continuing Education at the University of Oklahoma. We provide public sector agencies with training, research and consultant support for professional and programmatic development. We deliver cost-effective, customer-oriented solutions that are tailored to meet unique needs and situations.
CPM has full-time job opportunities for Program Specialists to provide established services. If you like to conduct online research using online data sources, social media and other resources to find information, this is the job for you.
You will have your own private cubicle workspace with daytime hours only including time off weekends and most state holidays.
The primary job is building electronic records used to establish and enforce child support cases. This position receives ongoing training, coaching and mentoring from multiple sources including peers, to ensure program deliverables and accountabilities are fulfilled in an ever-changing environment. Ability to conform to specific guidelines is a requirement to ensure the needs of all customers are met.
Specific Tasks (including but not limited to):
- Performs initial review, data collection and verification of child support from electronic state assistance application or direct written applications in the case initiation process
- Conducts thorough, detailed and organized research using various search engines to complete established processes in a time driven manner
- Documents and updates all finds in the system and program databases
Interviews to be conducted after the holidays.
- 0-12 months professional experience in child support, social services or office based customer service
- Ability to speak, read and write clear, concise English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and use of databases and computer-based tools; must be able to learn new software quickly; keyboarding skills required
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Strong initiative to solve problems
- Must be able to perform basic data analysis
- Composition and proofreading skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Organization of both physical and electronic information to ensure guidelines and policy are completed by established deadlines.
- Ability to engage in repetitive motions and to sit for extended periods. Finger dexterity required, including movement of the fingers, hands, and wrists
- Ability to communicate including expressing oneself or exchanging information with others and receiving detailed information orally
Ability to see to examine documentation.
- Experience with child support database system
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with online research
- Professional experience with child support, social or government services