Do numbers make you happy? Are you looking for a part-time opportunity that blends numbers and team interaction? The Oklahoma City Thunder is looking for an experienced accounts payable pro to join our finance team. As the accounts payable associate, you will help maintain a consistent and accurate flow of timely payments with consideration for the budget schedule, cash flow schedule, and fiscal year. Bring your talent to our team and be a part of a unique and dynamic professional environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the accounts payable specialist and others in the department with regular accounts payable management as well as special projects and audit requests
- Prepare and process batches of invoices and expense reports by required deadlines using Great Plains software
- Accurately maintain accounts payable files
- Assist team members from all departments with A/P-related forms and/or procedures
- Communicate with vendors via phone, fax or email including statement reconciliation and new vendor setup
- Process and track daily A/P mail and correspondence
- Reconcile monthly vendor statements
- Distribute monthly credit card statements to card holders for general ledger coding and receipts
- Track catering invoices for each season
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all information
- Assist with various audit requests
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Two-year degree in Accounting, or equivalent relevant work or military experience
- At least three years accounts payable experience
- Great Plains software experience a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel
- Accurate, detail oriented, and ability to successfully prioritize tasks in a dynamic environment
- 10-key by touch
- Strong critical thinking skills allowing you to be a problem-solver
- A self-starter with professional verbal and written communication and strong listening skills
- Work schedule will include approximately 20 hours a week, working at the Thunder’s corporate office located at The Chesapeake Energy Arena in downtown Oklahoma City
This is a part-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Assistant Controller. Job posted March 2019.
We invite you to apply online at www.okcthunder.com/employment.
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees.